Monday, December 21, 2015

Biodigester at the slaughterhouse

This is my last day in office before the end of the year. It is time to post my last post about my Ugandan trip, so that my blog can also serve as report! Remember during that last trip visited the slaughterhouse of Wambizi. As part of their waste management, they recently installed a bio - digester.

A biodigester is like a mechanical stomach. It is fed with organic material, which is broken down (decomposed) by micro-organisms (bacteria) is an oxygen-free (anaerobic) environment to produce a renewable energy called biogas (methane and carbon dioxide) and other material that is mainly used as fertilizer.

What here the stories behind the Wambizi biodigester, how it has been build, how it is working, and how the resulting gas is used for boiling the water for slaughter.

















2 comments:

  1. Great report about your trip to Uganda! Thank you for interesting videos about the biodigester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Uganda as a volunteer and I must say that it is an amazing place with very likable people. Med School Admission Essay Editors. The land is so fertile and the weather very nice for residence. I must admit that I miss my two years stay in Africa. Guide on Assignment Writing

    ReplyDelete